Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wow, time flies by!!

So, I totally suck at this blogging thing. I do have pictures that I need to add, but I continue to forget to download them from my camera. I can't believe summer is gone and school is back in. Holy Crap! So, a short synopsis of the rest of my summer; we went to Bear Lake and "camped" the way I like to, in a condo with a swimming pool close by. It was soooo much fun, my kids can't wait to go back. They LOVED Bear Lake. Then, my step sister-in-law (Erica Jade) who is 17 got me hooked on the Twilight series. Yes, I became "one of those people". I loved those books!!! (Totally Team Edward. If you've read the series, you understand.) I received the first 3 as a late birthday present right before the 4th of July. I knew the latest one (Breaking Dawn) was coming out August 1st; so me being an avid, but slow reader, I thought I'd try to read the first three books before then, figuring it would take me a while to read three 500+ page books, what with three kids, work, sports obligations, and a house and yard to take care. Well, once I got started, everything went by the way-side (even sleep) and I read. In short, I read the first three books twice through in the three weeks leading up to BD. Then I read book four in one weekend, and re-read it the following week. Yeah, I know, I need a life!! So, my July and August were spent reading and exercising.

Speaking of which, I decided July 1st that it was time to get serious about losing the baby weight, and really became dedicated to walking, whick led to running. Now, any of my friends from High School may remember, I Don't Run!! P.E. was my least favorite class throughout JR. High and High School. But I decided to more resolute, and not just diet, but try to be more conscious about food decisions, eat smaller portions and made an effort to get outside and run/walk at least 4 times a week. My only real vice I still have is my Diet Coke. I'm not giving that up! Anyhow, since July 1st I have lost 25 lbs. Yay for me!! I still have 20 more to go to be at my pre-babies weight (that includes Madison, 9 years ago), but at least it's a start. Not only can I wear a size of pant I haven't been able to for at least 6 years, but I feel better and more confident in myself.

Anyhow, hopefully with school and fall, the home-life schedule should normalize and I'll be able to post more regularly. I really need to get the latest pictures of Madison and Breyden posted. Madi got braces in August, and Brey lost 6 teeth this summer, 3 in one week. (The tooth fairy was busy at our house!) So, his school pictures should be entertaining! They will be the ones that we show to all of the girls that he brings by when he is 16 and 17. (The boy is already girl crazy. He told me that he likes the 16 year old girls, "They're hot!" was his exact quote. Yes, we know we're in trouble.) Well, I'll post soon, hoefully with pictures!

No comments: