Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Great Outdoors!

Now, I know this may come as a shock to most of my friends, but I'm not really an outdoorsy kind of girl (ha, ha). I like going away to Condos, not to campers. But, my kids and husband love it, so I'm learning to relax and endure! We went to Flaming Gorge over the 4th of July weekend with Brandon's dad and family friends. It was a lot of fun. The kids spent most of the day by the water catching craw-daddys, or tubing behind the fishing boat. Then we cooked s'mores and sat around the campfire at night. We were only gone for 2 nights (about perfect without a shower), but it was a good time. At least I don't have to tent it, now that we have our pop-up trailer. This works until we can afford a slightly bigger trailer, with my own bathroom. Oh, the little things we look forward to as an adult, huh?

Breyden's Catch

Crawdad Fishing with Madi, Addy (Madi's Friend), Breyden and Aunt Libby



Alyssa enjoying a popsicle


Setting up for Breakfast


Breyden by the campfire


Getting ready for a ride with Uncle Josh

5 comments:

deesha said...

What? You don't enjoy camping? J/K I think one night is plenty so you are a better person than me. Looks like you had fun though!

Jen A. said...

How fun!! Your kids will love you forever! Heather and I talked, hopefully we can get together on or around August 2nd! I would love to see you guys while we're here in Utah.

Heather Jones said...

looks like fun. How good of you to actually take your kids camping. we just did the backyard.The people who live in Lehi said it was alittle too far to go to Ogden so we may try to get together at the bountiful pool and swim and go to the park after to eat. I am trying to get a hold of Jen so if you have request call me on my cell. hopefully we will talk to ya soon.

Kerri said...

Paula Smedley!! Wow, it has been way too long! What a darling family you have! Katrina Sandgren gave me your sight.. I would love to catch up with you!
Talk soon.....

Heather Jones said...

I decided to go private because weird people from Serbia and Austria have been looking at our blog and clicking on pictures of my kids. It freaked us out so we are going private for awhile. If you want to send me your e-mail I will add you. If you have anyone else's e-mail that may want to look at our blog let me know Thanks!!! our email is thkjones@yahoo.com