Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christmas at the Boydston's


Madison, Breyden and Alyssa Christmas Morning




Breyden and the Loot


Alyssa'a Favorite gift - an empty box!


Family Jam-Session to RockBand


The Girls Chillin'

So, Christmas came and went, and I'm finally posting pictures (a big "Thank you" to my mom who remembered to take them!) The family got a big gift this year, Rock Band for the Wii, and Guitar Hero World Tour for the Wii, plus a couple other games. Madison, in true Madison style, asked for mostly Aeropostale clothes, and Breyden's big request was games for the Wii and a box of his favorite popcorn (Act II popcorn that can only be found at Sam's Club). Alyssa didn't really care what she got, the only easy thing about her right now! So, after opening presents and while breakfast was cooking, we set up Rock Band. The problem with these games, if your familiar with Guitar Hero you know this, is that you only get a limited number of songs to start out with and have to earn your way to more songs. Well, honestly, I kind-of suck at Guitar Hero and can only play on the Easy-level. So, we started out with our five or six songs and began working from there. Brandon does Guitar, Madi does Lyrics and Brey and I switch off on the drums. At this point, we've only earned 19 of 63 songs available. Although, last night Madi and I earned a new set that included "Dirtly Little Secret", which is one that we actually know. Madi got 100% on the lyrics, (yes, I know, I'm the bad influence.) I know there are secret codes we can find to unlock all of the songs, and I'm half-tempted to find them, because I'm not really interested in playing on the World Circuit Tour or anything, I just want to go jam-out with the kids and relax every now and then. Anyhow, we received a lot of fun stuff from our families, and all-in-all had a great day running around and seeing everyone. But, I'm really glad to be back to work!



No comments: