Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Year, New Year's Resolutions

Well, this year my resolutions are two-fold. I'm going to try not to spend so much money, and maybe start being a saver (yeah, right!), and I'm going to update my blog spot once a month. Any more than that is pushing it!! Updates on the kids:
~Madison is 9 1/2 going on 16 years. She is requesting specific name brand clothes and accessories now. We updated her shuffle over the Christmas break, and because it was being loaded on a new computer, it was going to delete everything on her i-Pod. When I asked her if that was okay, she told me, "Yeah, it's all just baby-stuff on there anyway. Like High-school Musical and Disney stuff." Smirking, I said, "And you don't want that anymore?" Her reply, "No, I'm SO over that!" Brandon said that I'm a bad influence on her, because we like to listen to dance-club music, like Lady Ga-Ga, Paramore, Katy Perry, Fall Out Boy, etc. Oh well, we always have fun in my car with the radio blaring!
~Breyden is 6 1/2, and has started Kindergarten. We held him back one year because his birthday is the end of August and I wanted him to be the oldest kid in his class, not the youngest. So, from April to September, he lost his front eight teeth. His school pictures were a sight to behold! He's playing indoor soccer right now, and is still just the little jock of the neighborhood. He and his friend Gavin can be found playing army video games, soccer, basketball, soccer, etc; those two are always on the move. Oh, and he's already a womanizer; he told us, "I like the 16 year old chickies, they're hot." Yeah, we're in trouble, and we already know it.
~Alyssa turned 1 in November, and she is going to be the one to lead me to medication and alcohol when she's a teenager(Ha, joking). She has a BIG attitude. She rules the roost, and if you weren't sure about that, just tell her No and she'll point out how wrong you are. Our constant saying is that it's a good thing she's cute, it's her only saving grace right now. I can't wait for her to hit the Terrible Twos! I can't even imagine that it could get worse than it is, but I'm sure it can, and in her case, will. She's also discovered M&M's, and this morning before rushing out the door, I found her with a mouthful, and both fists full, clenched in a death-grip, refusing to let them go. Yeah, she's a chocoholic on top of everything else.

After two full weeks home with my kids during the Christmas Break, I can say I have a new respect for daycare providers and stay-at-home moms. I couldn't WAIT to get back to work. It was nice having the time to do laundry and keep up on that, but I'm too independant of a person to stay still and be subjected to another person's schedule. I needed adult interaction!

Anyhow, Christmas pictures to follow, I promise.

3 comments:

deesha said...

Paula, did your mom ever say, "I hope your daughter(s) is/are just like you?" Cuz I'm betting she did...more than once. :)

Goff Six Adventures said...

Hey Paula!!! I'm so glad you left us a message! I need your address so I can add you back to our Christmas card list...I think the one I have is a couple houses ago....how are you guys! I love this blogging thing - I decided it was my way to journal for my kids! Your family looks great! We miss you guys! I'll add your blog to my list, feel free to do the same, it will be fun to keep up with eachother!!!

Unknown said...

Paula - you have a beautiful family - no surprise really...I don't do the blog thing, but I am a really good blog stalker...and enjoy visiting...miss you and your family - hope all is well - love ya, Mel